501(c)(3) Income Tax Exemption

501c3 Income Tax Exemption

Filing for Tax-Exempt Status

Starting a Non-Profit

The law firm of Dan Beirute can assist you in forming a tax-exempt or non-profit corporation in any state. We incorporate charities, schools, endowments, title holding companies, community development corporations (CDC’s), churches, integrated auxiliaries, private foundations, etc.

This work involves drafting articles of incorporation, filing the articles of incorporation with the state of your choice, preparing bylaws, obtaining the federal identification number, preparing minutes of the initial meeting of the directors and officers, and providing a corporate book and seal.

We also apply for federal income tax exemption, also known as 501(c)(3) status, for many kinds of non-profit organizations. This process involves preparation of the IRS Form 1023 or Form 1024 and filing the form with the IRS. We then communicate with the IRS concerning the application, so you don’t have to.

Should a charity apply for 501(c)(3) status?

Yes. Non-profit organizations are required by law to apply for 501(c)(3) status in order to receive exemption from federal income tax and in order to be able to receive tax deductible donations. Failure to file for the status within 27 months after the date of incorporation will cause the organization to become, in essence, a for-profit organization.


Contact the Law Office of Dan Beirute to schedule a legal consultation, establish a tax-exempt organization, or to obtain 501(c)(3) status for your charity or non-profit.